Phantom Dust Tournament

Phantom Dust Draft Tournaments and Discussion

Phantom Dust Tournament

Postby Silver Guardian » December 14th, 2013, 11:06 pm

So for all you Phantom Dust fans that are slowly coming back to the site, I would like to entertain you guys with a thought of a tournament for old times sake. Now I know the servers are shut down, but with technology these days one can create a server through their own router. Monkey and I use Xlink Kai and played a few games a couple months back and brought back some old memories. That being said, if you still have your original xbox and a copy of PD with the update that's terrific. You'll be able to play the same as usual with holes and crawlers and whatever diabolical trick or two you might have up your old sleeves. Through Xlink tho people that don't have access to the update and you that do will have problems playing one another. Monkey slipped a will-o-wisp through a few times while playing since I'm on the 360 and he pulled his old xbox and arsenal out. So if anyone would like to get this started, lets have at it shall we gents.

Postby Bregan123 » December 15th, 2013, 12:22 am

Well, I'm obviously down for this (I just discovered how terrible I am today, so I'd better get a practicing!)

Question being, how does one go about getting/installing/using Xlink Kai

-Those that know me know I'm woefully failful at technology

Gamertag: D Skul lUnicron
Xlink Kai: Demon27248

Postby Demon27248 » December 15th, 2013, 4:28 pm

Just download the program from www.teamxlink.co.uk, install, it & run it. You will need to port forward, if your router supports UPNP port forwarding, there is a good chance it does, then simply go to Kai's configuration menu & change incoming port from 30000 to 0. You will also need to set Kai as an exception in any software firewall that may block its network traffic, these include Avast! & Zone Alarm. After that, you should be good to go, go to the Phantom Dust arena, & you may host/join games as normal there like Xbox Live opti-matches, add me on Xlink -Demon27248 if you need any further assistance or would like to play PD.

Postby Bregan123 » December 15th, 2013, 8:35 pm

Once I get the needed cables I'm in. I'm going to be so embarrassed at how bad I am now though lol.. it's shameful

Return to Drafting Tournaments