Arsenal Lab [UPDATED 8/26] - Create, Share & Browse Arsenals

Join the discussion, anything Phantom Dust related can go here.
Site Admin
Gamertag: Phreaker

Arsenal Lab [UPDATED 8/26] - Create, Share & Browse Arsenals

Postby Phreaker » July 27th, 2014, 1:49 pm

Hi,

Updated August 26th
An updated version of the Arsenal Lab has been deployed. A bug was fixed where you could not replace a skill with an Aura Particle and a couple other minor tweaks. The big addition in this update is a browse feature! You can scroll through the list of arsenals on the browse page. There you'll see the name, author, creation date, and the skill schools used within the arsenal. You can also filter the arsenal list by number of schools, school type, skill used and more. Check it out and let us know what you think. Your feedback is appreciated.

If you receive an error when going to the Arsenal Lab, please clear your browser's cache for this site and try again. It should then download the latest version

Browse Arsenals: http://phantomdusted.com/arsenal-lab/browse

Updated August 4th
An updated version of the Arsenal Lab has been deployed based on feedback received so far. Thanks to kurisu's skill animation gifs, oltranzista was able to add them to the builder. Please note the URL is slightly different than it was. I went ahead and updated any links pointing to it in this thread.

Original Post
Oltranzista has been hard at work on an arsenal builder and I've been providing feedback and testing it. It's at a point where we'ed like to share it with everyone to get feedback. Right now, you can create and share (publish) arsenals, play with the interactive skill list and even create random arsenals! We are looking into clever ways for users to discover published arsenals, but that part is not yet complete. The builder will get wrapped in the header of the main site, along with the forums, once the final artwork has been completed. In the mean time, please give it a workout and let us know what you think and if you find any bugs.

Please be aware this is in a testing and feedback phase. Any arsenals you create will likely be wiped at some point as new functionality is added, like using your forum username automatically when publishing, etc.

Arsenal Lab Create: http://phantomdusted.com/arsenal-lab/arsenal/create

Big thanks to Oltranzista!! :thumbup:

Gamertag: Shinrakurisu
Xlink Kai: Shinrakurisu

Postby kurisu » July 27th, 2014, 6:22 pm

This is looking super polished for an alpha! I'm pretty sure there are many tweaks needed behind the scenes but this is amazing!
All testing was done on an updated Windows 8.1 PC running Google Chrome Version 36.0.1985.125 m

What works
Random Button!
Sorting and masking schools.
Skills being added to the arsenal.

What shouldn't work
5 school arsenals
We're limited to 1, 2 and 3-school arsenal cases.

Impact Burst x10 | Protecting Air x10 | Thor's Hammer x10
Limited to 3 copies of the same skill.

What's bugging out
Navigating from the landing page here, I can either click [Create] in the green menu or click the blue [Get Started] button. Clicking [Create] brings me to the edit page but clicking [Get Started] presents me with the following:

After clicking ok, I'm brought to this screen and I cannot interact with anything on the page except [Arsenal Lab] and [Create] in the green menu.

What would be cool to have!
The ability to insert the desired amount of the same skill (up to 3) into the arsenal without having to confirm the selection multiple times
Double click a skill from the menu to insert it into the arsenal rather than navigating to the confirm button
Skill previews??? :D

Again, thank you Oltranzista and Phreaker for your contributions to the community. I can't wait for the next Phantom Dust! :bang:

Gamertag: ILLAZILLA 918

Postby oltranzista » July 27th, 2014, 11:19 pm

kurisu wrote:What would be cool to have!
The ability to insert the desired amount of the same skill (up to 3) into the arsenal without having to confirm the selection multiple times
Double click a skill from the menu to insert it into the arsenal rather than navigating to the confirm button
Skill previews??? :D

I bet I could change the "Confirm" button to have a little dropdown to add 2x and 3x of the selected skill.

Having skill previews seems nice! Are we able to capture those in high quality format?

I'll take a look at that navigation error and also look into limiting the schools and skill amounts.

Postby Bregan123 » July 28th, 2014, 2:18 am

Sexy~

Postby kurisu » July 28th, 2014, 7:00 am

oltranzista wrote:I bet I could change the "Confirm" button to have a little dropdown to add 2x and 3x of the selected skill.

Having skill previews seems nice! Are we able to capture those in high quality format?

I'll take a look at that navigation error and also look into limiting the schools and skill amounts.

Sounds great! :bow:

I sent you a PM about the skill animations as well :D

Gamertag: TheSweedishChef

Postby Remni » July 28th, 2014, 8:10 pm

This should be great to use. I can go back and rebuild my old fun arsenals and put them up finally.

Gamertag: sphagnum

Postby sphagnum » July 29th, 2014, 11:49 pm

I'm definitely excited to try this out 8)

Site Admin

Postby Phreaker » July 30th, 2014, 7:46 pm

sphagnum wrote:I'm definitely excited to try this out 8)

Did you try it out? If so, what do you think?

Someone posted an interesting arsenal that I must try. I don't think I ever made one like this, does this work?:

http://phantomdusted.com/arsenal-lab/#/arsenal/10

Postby oltranzista » July 30th, 2014, 9:49 pm

Phreaker wrote:
sphagnum wrote:I'm definitely excited to try this out 8)

Did you try it out? If so, what do you think?

Someone posted an interesting arsenal that I must try. I don't think I ever made one like this, does this work?:

http://phantomdusted.com/arsenal-lab/#/arsenal/10

Dude, that arsenal rules!

Postby Bregan123 » July 30th, 2014, 10:00 pm

Yeah, it will work, I was always a bigger fan of some stimulates/heats with Scream of Evil into Agonies over the pure zero cost decks though. That kind of deck can be fun though.

Site Admin

Postby Phreaker » July 31st, 2014, 9:37 am

Well done oltranzista, Ken Lobb thinks it's very cool! :thumbup:

Postby kurisu » July 31st, 2014, 11:57 am

Oltranzista, will you be adding a way to browse arsenals created by others from a menu of sorts in the Arsenal Lab?

For now, I change the number at the end of the url to view what other have created. At the time of this post, there were 13 to look at. When I tried to view 14, I received an error message. I'm assuming it's because Arsenal 14 doesn't exist.

Oh, and once you're done wiping arsenals, it'll be cool to have a random arsenal lookup button :D

Edit

Sorting

When you first fire up the Arsenal Lab, skills are in the proper listing according to Skill ID. However, when I use the sort feature by ID, I'll see

(ID: 1) Psycho Wave
(ID: 10) Bomb
(ID: 11) Cluster Bomb
(ID: 12) Big Bomb
(ID: 121) Ice Sword

Not sure if that's intentional or not. It just seems weird.

Keep up the good work :D

Postby Remni » July 31st, 2014, 6:14 pm

If I remember correctly, I had a deck pretty similar to the 0 cost deck, but mine was focused more around 0-2 cost stuff and abusing Fairy Ring.

Postby Remni » August 1st, 2014, 3:13 am

There we go. http://phantomdusted.com/arsenal-lab/#/arsenal/16 Thought it'd be fun to bring up one of my most fun and dangerous builds I used to run. Cant run it now cause of no 1.20 patch, which saddens me.

Postby oltranzista » August 1st, 2014, 11:07 am

kurisu wrote:Oltranzista, will you be adding a way to browse arsenals created by others from a menu of sorts in the Arsenal Lab?

We are planning a browse/search feature. The details aren't worked out at the moment though.

kurisu wrote:When you first fire up the Arsenal Lab, skills are in the proper listing according to Skill ID. However, when I use the sort feature by ID, I'll see

(ID: 1) Psycho Wave
(ID: 10) Bomb
(ID: 11) Cluster Bomb
(ID: 12) Big Bomb
(ID: 121) Ice Sword

Not sure if that's intentional or not. It just seems weird.

The initial sort is done on the database using a numeric sort. It appears the above sort is a text sort, I'll take a look at it.

Next

Return to Phantom Dust General Discussion