The New Palace Images

Join the discussion, anything Phantom Dust related can go here.
Site Admin
Gamertag: Phreaker

The New Palace Images

Postby Phreaker » February 20th, 2015, 6:37 pm

While I have no idea if The Palace will end up looking like this when all is said and done, here are the images from our home page:

I have to say, it looks AMAZING! :banana:

Gamertag: ole no bones

Postby Ole No Bones » February 20th, 2015, 6:38 pm

They nailed it I think. Wow

Gamertag: flash0fblood

Postby newlinesol » February 20th, 2015, 8:21 pm

Dude, seeing those pics just freaking made my day lol believe or not this is how I saw this place in a dream I had about 2 weeks ago, this is crazy xD

Gamertag: PD Ben

Postby Ben » February 20th, 2015, 9:28 pm

What I like most is that their layout is nearly identical to the original Palace. While not 100% accurate obviously, when you look at this design, I can immediately think of exactly how I would play it. The signposts are in almost exactly the same spots... ect...

Gamertag: Sandal Enc
Xlink Kai: FromTheDust

Postby Collected Dust » February 20th, 2015, 9:32 pm

Looks cool, don't know if I'd want it that dark in some of the places.(from a gameplay point of view) Is that a 3rd floor? A little bit of a 4th floor?

Gamertag: ILLAZILLA 918

Postby oltranzista » February 20th, 2015, 10:40 pm

Nice to see the new version! This just makes me want to play more PD!

Postby Ben » February 20th, 2015, 11:02 pm

Collected Dust wrote:Looks cool, don't know if I'd want it that dark in some of the places.(from a gameplay point of view) Is that a 3rd floor? A little bit of a 4th floor?

I couldn't figure it out myself. To me the one side clearly looks accessible with stairs, but I guess the other side would be for like Jump or something...? But it did have that vibe to it, especially with all the added pillars underneath and around. I instantly attributed those pillars to breakable version that would cause each 'level' to collapse or at least break off like the original floor did in some parts...

As for the lighting and aesthetics, I think we're just looking at an initial pass or the early stage of the level, but I'm just floored to even have this to speculate upon.

Postby Ole No Bones » February 20th, 2015, 11:19 pm

I wonder what engine this game is using? Maybe Unreal engine 4?

Site Admin
Gamertag: Phreaker

Postby Phreaker » February 20th, 2015, 11:34 pm

Collected Dust wrote:Looks cool, don't know if I'd want it that dark in some of the places.(from a gameplay point of view) Is that a 3rd floor? A little bit of a 4th floor?

I was looking at that too and I'll have to go look at the old Palace. I thought I recalled an unusable 3rd floor, but might there be a 4th?

Ben wrote:
Collected Dust wrote:As for the lighting and aesthetics, I think we're just looking at an initial pass or the early stage of the level, but I'm just floored to even have this to speculate upon.

You and me both! It almost looks like you'd be able to leave the level in the big opening on the 2nd floor. Is that the Eiffel Tower outside in the first image?

Gamertag: Shinrakurisu
Xlink Kai: Shinrakurisu

Postby kurisu » February 21st, 2015, 3:06 am

T_T Beautiful T_T

Postby Haikusfrombuddha » February 21st, 2015, 3:17 am

I see the Eiffel tower through the hole in the wall. Does the game take place in France? New to the franchise.

Gamertag: Il Ark lI

Postby Ark » February 21st, 2015, 8:50 am

Idk what could make me happier than this post right now haha. Like if I won the lottery, i would so help fund PD.

As for the Eiffel tower... I wouldn't say it really takes place in France since the whole world was pretty much destroyed. Everything is made up from Edgar's memories. They could honestly go in any direction they wanted as long as the theme was still there.

Postby Ole No Bones » February 21st, 2015, 10:36 am

Looks like you can go to a third floor to me.

Postby Bregan123 » February 21st, 2015, 1:19 pm

I have only tears of joy with which to express myself

Postby Ben » February 21st, 2015, 1:28 pm

One theory I came up with for the 3rd / 4th floors (and bottom floors) was that destructibility was going to play a part in all of it. I see they've added a lot more of those support "pillars" in places underneath the walkways, which to me, might indicate that those pillars are breakable and thus would collapse part of the floor they are supporting.

Also, those iconic flag post signs bring so many good memories back of people being so good at dodging they could hide behind the indestructible part of them and just destroy me with pot shots or parabola skills. They are also in very identical locations, which is even better...

Next

Return to Phantom Dust General Discussion