Compilation of requested balance changes for 1.2 skills

Join the discussion, anything Phantom Dust related can go here.
Gamertag: Ininjaboi
Xlink Kai: Darth-Ninja

Re: Compilation of requested balance changes for 1.2 skills

Postby Ninjaboi » March 2nd, 2017, 11:16 pm

My suggestion: Dust you shoud link those skill analysis series's that you did. I think those covered practically everything that needs to be fixed. My two cents!

Gamertag: Sandal Enc
Xlink Kai: FromTheDust

Postby Collected Dust » March 3rd, 2017, 4:06 am

Ninjaboi wrote:My suggestion: Dust you shoud link those skill analysis series's that you did. I think those covered practically everything that needs to be fixed. My two cents!

They're all listed here just skip the first two topics listed:

search.php?keywords=Gameplay&terms=all&author=&fid%5B%5D=2&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=a&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

A lot of it was from the perspective of being able to change the inner mechanics.

I think you're going to have to list whatever specific changes you want to skills here. The less a mechanic has to be changed the more likely a skill change might be considered I'm guessing.

Gamertag: IIExorcizm

Postby Bloodpool » March 3rd, 2017, 8:56 am

I think Bomb Shot could use some help. That skill could use a slight increase in homing or something. Even with buffs, it was one of the skills that just didn't seem to hit often enough when I experimented with it. Maybe others were better at manually aiming it, but I never saw anyone else using it either.

Postby Bregan123 » March 3rd, 2017, 12:32 pm

If we're looking at bomb shot, it's a move that SHOULD be manually aimed in pretty much every scenario.

That said, your point has merit, but an accuracy increase isn't what it needs.

It needs either to have a faster missile speed, or a quicker cast animation, or some combination of the two.

The slow cast speed means you have to predict even FURTHER ahead where your opponent will be when you shoot than other commonly manual-aim skills. The slow missile speed exacerbates this as it makes it really easy to dodge unless you're in an uncompromising alley/corner.

Making it faster or reducing cast-time would help alleviate this and make it instead of just a fun-to-use skill, into a competitively viable one.

Postby iDooM » March 3rd, 2017, 6:49 pm

Let's focus on improving skills that everyone avoids using in their arsenals. There are too many to list.

Postby Collected Dust » March 3rd, 2017, 7:08 pm

iDooM wrote:Let's focus on improving skills that everyone avoids using in their arsenals. There are too many to list.

I'm afraid you'll have to list them ;)

Postby Collected Dust » March 3rd, 2017, 7:18 pm

Can the defense of Learning be brought up to 9 or even higher? The reason is if you use Learning and it takes enough damage to break it, you won't actually Learn the attack. Learning is single use and blocks only projectiles/holes. It can only learn attacks that do 6 or less damage right now. Kind of a letdown.

The only reason I could see going against some super ridiculous high number is to let people using Piercing or Berserk still have some shot at piercing Learning for some damage.

Postby it's revan » March 4th, 2017, 1:33 am

oh, another thing: make manual aiming going through "course" shields consistent. i seem to recall some that still defended you, i believe reverse was one of them? it's been a decade, forgive me

speaking of: bug or feature?
on one hand that does seem like a bug to me, the fact it isn't consistent seems to ring truth to that
on the other hand, gust having no weakness isn't something i'm fond of

then again, we can just nerf gust

Postby Collected Dust » March 4th, 2017, 6:41 am

I agree in kind of liking manual aim going through the non Reverese Courses as well.

But I wish they could fix Reflect Barrier and Reflect Mirror with manual aim. They don't go through the shield but manually aimed attacks that are reflected just go through the person that shot the move.

Postby Warmachine12435 » March 8th, 2017, 3:32 pm

I might have missed it but has there been any discussion about changes to the method of acquiring online skills in the new game? I feel like the winning 30 matches for one random might be a little high, but I mighta missed something.

Site Admin
Gamertag: Phreaker

Postby Phreaker » March 8th, 2017, 4:32 pm

Warmachine12435 wrote:I might have missed it but has there been any discussion about changes to the method of acquiring online skills in the new game? I feel like the winning 30 matches for one random might be a little high, but I mighta missed something.

I just asked about that on twitter the other day :) : https://twitter.com/PhantomDusted/statu ... 3224830976
Sounds like it will be different, but not sure what, yet.

Gamertag: jokerz2099 (jokerz4126) kai

Postby jokerz2099 » March 14th, 2017, 12:44 pm

skills idoom is referring to are as follows:
atks/def/erase
throwing stone/wall/abyss
rain of rocks/bend/disrupt
timer mine/reflect barrier/steal power
remote mine/wall of fire/hungry demon
double lasers/block/fairy ring
trench mortar/protect/lost dragon
bundled laser/absorb energy/cooling
overheat/shield of ruin/tiger prevails
ice storm/guardian angel
blazing storm/failing wall
tremor/dark protection
massive quake/about face
leg throw
copy
dhampir claw
dhampir fang
binding needle
celestial ship
true muramasa
fast bomb
fast wave
young white dragon
arms of the curse
delay bomb

Postby jokerz2099 » March 14th, 2017, 1:01 pm

enviro/status/special
holy ray/lift up/teleportation
accelerate/brain concussion/return
backdraft/magnetic field/surprise attack
quiet days/doze/call
desertification/curse of earth/blessed water
nature blessing/mind reading/graceful woods
forest sanctuary/vast mayhem/regenerate
dense fog/still moment/jump
soul cage/heat devil/fusion
athena's command/poison blur/annoying gift
-----------------/martial arts scroll/blessed rain
-----------------/withering curse/sword slap
-----------------/venom drip/vacuum bullet
-----------------/----------/teleportrap
-----------------/----------/play dead
Last edited by jokerz2099 on March 14th, 2017, 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby jokerz2099 » March 14th, 2017, 1:02 pm

those are the rarely used skills i know it was a joke but i take this very serious lol

Gamertag: IIExorcizm

Postby Bloodpool » March 14th, 2017, 5:27 pm

jokerz2099 wrote:those are the rarely used skills i know it was a joke but i take this very serious lol

It's an accurate list imo. I hardly saw those skills used either. I think I even got made fun of trying to use some of them lol

PreviousNext

Return to Phantom Dust General Discussion