Can't join rooms on PC

Join the discussion, anything Phantom Dust related can go here.
Gamertag: P0rphyria Pl4n

Can't join rooms on PC

Postby Porphyria Plan » May 20th, 2017, 4:18 am

http://imgur.com/a/z5BHV

Every match I join it loads for 30 - 40 seconds and says could not find a session like in the image. I have turned off cross platform, used someone elses internet, and joined around 30 matches. No dice.

I even went to a friend nearby and was able to get into matches on xbox, thought it might be my region.

Anyone else having this problem?

Postby enderwiggin » May 20th, 2017, 7:08 am

I've been hearing Teredo tunneling is affecting things on PC, no clue on how to fix though since I'm not using that.

I know (on the box) I get plenty of failures like that after joining a room due to others in front of me though, so it may partially be that.

Site Admin
Gamertag: Phreaker

Postby Phreaker » May 20th, 2017, 9:36 am

You are not the first I've read to be running into this. I know Konsento was having issues joining matches the first night too, but he got it fixed. Hopefully he can provide some details. I think he was playing on PC as well and I know he was having issues with his NAT settings not being set to Open.

Postby enderwiggin » May 20th, 2017, 10:49 am

NAT settings are a bane on my job... Usually you just need to open a few ports.

Gamertag: mugen the slaya

Postby edgar_shinoyoshi » May 20th, 2017, 11:36 am

I fixed my issues by uninstalling and reinstalling. might help you too.

Gamertag: Sekij

Postby Sekij » May 20th, 2017, 9:19 pm

Fixed my Issue by opening Port 3074 TCP and UDP for my PC and also ACTIVATED Windows Firewall.

Postby extarbags » May 20th, 2017, 9:54 pm

I had this problem too, and port forwarding didn't fix it. Very frustrating. I ended up fixing it by following the instructions here.

Site Admin
Gamertag: Phreaker

Postby Phreaker » May 20th, 2017, 10:26 pm

extarbags wrote:I had this problem too, and port forwarding didn't fix it. Very frustrating. I ended up fixing it by following the instructions here.

Great, thanks. I'll add it to the FAQ.

Gamertag: P0rphyria Pl4n

Postby Porphyria Plan » May 21st, 2017, 12:56 am

extarbags wrote:I had this problem too, and port forwarding didn't fix it. Very frustrating. I ended up fixing it by following the instructions here.

Sekij wrote:Fixed my Issue by opening Port 3074 TCP and UDP for my PC and also ACTIVATED Windows Firewall.

I'm in! Thanks. now I can have my first online match. I did the above two things and found out teredo wasn't even installed. I used this guide to install it, then rebooted.

Return to Phantom Dust General Discussion