so... what everyone been up to the past ~7 years?

Want to post your random musings that don't belong above? They go here.

so... what everyone been up to the past ~7 years?

Postby it's revan » June 10th, 2014, 3:02 pm

the movie theater i was the manager of got bought out, was unemployed for a while and now i'm a security guard. i also quit smoking
Last edited by it's revan on June 11th, 2014, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gamertag: GThirst

Postby GThirst » June 10th, 2014, 3:26 pm

Moved to Hawaii, went to Afghanistan twice and became a cop. Now moving again and finishing school.

So I'm going to be playing Phantom Dust on an Xbox while going to school. I guess I'm going 10 years back!

Gamertag: NEFARIOC

Postby NEFARIOC » June 10th, 2014, 3:30 pm

Raising my kids and furthering my art career...but it's been more like 8 years for me. :/ Can't wait to teach my 9 year old son to play some PD!

Here's some of my work: https://www.facebook.com/CliffAFranks

Postby it's revan » June 10th, 2014, 10:11 pm

Yeah it's been way more than 4 years, what am I talking about

Gamertag: TheSweedishChef

Postby Remni » June 10th, 2014, 10:28 pm

Moved to Alaska this last Dec, raising 2 kids after getting married. Turning 30 tomorrow. Lots happened.

Site Admin
Gamertag: Phreaker

Postby Phreaker » June 10th, 2014, 11:12 pm

Happy 30th Remni

Me, I'm still living and working in Raleigh (RTP), writing and testing software. I moved here from Los Angeles in 2006. Still playing games and have both new consoles. Hearthstone has taken most of my free time in the last few months. Now, I'm wondering what this all means for the next who knows how many years.

Gamertag: VibrativeTuna

Postby guilt » June 11th, 2014, 1:12 am

Sort of close to Raleigh, I was living in Fredericksburg, back to Jersey now. Happy birthday Remni! mine was yesterday(10th) seems like we hit just a day off. Lets see, I was in HS when I started playing PD. went to school, dropped out of school, went to school Again. Got my associates, went for BS, dropped out again. Been working mostly in between working for a mechanic down the road, or on Power Plants when the repair seasons hit. Trying to get into some schools and if that goes well, I'll be moving to which ever school takes me. Hoffentlich Universität Freiburg!(Im praying). Game wise has been pretty lack luster since I stopped playing PD. I think WoW, which I quit after WOTLK. mostly League of Legends and a few rpgs that have peaked my interest. Can't wait to throwdown with my fellow espers again! :banana:

Gamertag: Bregan123

Postby Bregan123 » June 11th, 2014, 1:48 am

I left right as the last breaths of Phantom Dust's online play faded.. I went on an LDS mission and learned Spanish. I had a few accidents during that time, and upon returning I could no longer wrestle on the scholarship I once had. After I finished, I moved away from home in West Virginia out to Utah for school at the Univ of Utah. I also work summers in California selling pest control. I spent 2 in Fresno, and this summer I'm in San Diego managing a team. I also got married just over a year ago, no kids yet though.

Postby KrossFire330 » June 11th, 2014, 5:25 pm

HOLY SHIT I MISSED YOU GUYS!

I thought this forum was gone forever until my brother called me and told me about the new PD coming out, and I figured I'd try finding where all the old xboxphreakers guys ended up. Had no idea the forums are back and better than ever, and still has all the old forum data preserved!

I was still a wee lad when I first began posting here, 14 or 15 I think. So a lot has changed for me since we disbanded. But I'm all moved out and working for Verizon making that money. I stopped playing consoles altogether once xboxphreaker shut its doors (for the second time lol), and have since been PC master race only - playing a lot of EVE and Starcraft 2 if anyone else plays. I'm really excited to see a new Phantom Dust game, but dont have any intentions of buying an Xbox just to play. I'll probably buy the game and try to borrow someones box or something unless I can find a used xbox super cheap, just for phantom dust.

Its so cool to see so many familiar names and faces (avatars?) and look forward to many more years of good times ahead ♥♥♥

Postby monkey20051 » June 11th, 2014, 5:34 pm

Revan!!!!!! Long time buddy. I'm still Xbox gaming. I already have an Xbox one so it looks like I'm a step ahead of most everyone else. I'm married and have a kid now. Wearing suits for my job like a boss. You need to get Xbox live again so we can be tag partners again on the new phantom dust.

Postby it's revan » June 12th, 2014, 1:59 am

i didn't realize they made taco bell employees wear suits bro

Gamertag: TheSweedishChef

Postby Remni » June 12th, 2014, 2:14 am

And the burns begin. Nice on Revan. And yeah I agree with monkey, I need to get everyone added back to xbox live again. I think I ended up deleting a few people. We need to get Derabrus back in here too, if anyone remembers him.

Postby monkey20051 » June 12th, 2014, 8:24 am

Ah Revan you cut so deep. I actually work in an office like a grown up, Mr. security guard.

Gamertag: Maallik

Postby Maallik » June 12th, 2014, 12:22 pm

I'm still doing the same bibliographical support job I've been doing for the past 15 years.
Though, at this point I'm telecommuting from Washington state, instead of the SF Bay Area.
Currently gaming on the PS4, but I'm going to end up getting an XBone before long, since my wife is a loyal XBOX fan.
And now, I need one for Phantom Dust.
And I gave up cigarettes.
:twisted:

Postby it's revan » June 12th, 2014, 1:15 pm

hey now, my nights are spent telling dumbass college kids to quit climbing a 10 foot fence. after watching them fail at it spectacularily for ten minutes.

good times

Next

Return to The Off Topic Underground