Crystalization Skills Help

Got an arsenal or idea that you'd like to share or discuss? Feel free to post it here.

Crystalization Skills Help

Postby baodeus » July 10th, 2017, 10:26 pm

So I'm trying out the crystallization deck (single school arsenal): Any suggestion?
I have:
- 8 x pieces (ice, thunder, fire)
- 1 crystallization
- 2 heat
- orb
- Gust
- Iron Fortress
- flame sword
- twister

Do the pieces skills have to hit in order for Crystalization to be effective? I used up all of them (including 4 of them actually hit opponent) before I used crystallization (including 2 heat activated prior), but it got blocked by a 4 defense (light school to make it worst). Am I doing right?

Postby enderwiggin » July 10th, 2017, 11:24 pm

You have to hold them in a slot, not use them, for the damage to stack.

In other words, 9 damage (base) with x3 Piece of fire is the highest you'll have. Imo, it's not worth the hassle. I'd rather bundled blaster since Optic actually lends itself to the rush to 10 aura idea/supports Vibration better. Though fwiw, if you buff hard the piece skills can do some great free damage.

Postby baodeus » July 11th, 2017, 1:19 am

Thank you for helping. I guess that's kinda not useful filling up slot like that. I guess ill try something else. Thanks alot.

Postby enderwiggin » July 11th, 2017, 8:50 am

If you're looking for something aggressive that builds you're looking for Memory of Battle. Same exact concept you want.

Postby monkey20051 » July 11th, 2017, 2:18 pm

I combine crystallization and memory of battle. If I get 5 aura, crystallization, and some combo of piece skills early then I use that. If not, I overwrite my crystallization to consume them for memory and throw my piece skills. Pretty easy and quick 8-9 damage memory of battle.

Postby enderwiggin » July 13th, 2017, 8:10 pm

monkey20051 wrote:I combine crystallization and memory of battle. If I get 5 aura, crystallization, and some combo of piece skills early then I use that. If not, I overwrite my crystallization to consume them for memory and throw my piece skills. Pretty easy and quick 8-9 damage memory of battle.

I like the idea, but how many Crystallizations do you toss in and is it just those + piece skills to feed MoB? My problem is I want to put the staples in, then try too many of the good one time use skills in (lightning and scars) I run so low on aura at that point...

Gamertag: Bloody Initiate

Postby Bloody Initiate » July 13th, 2017, 10:54 pm

I keep thinking Mephisto's Pact might have a place in these arsenals. Probably 3.

My Crystallization Arsenal was something like:
1. Crystallization
2. Crystallization
3. Piece of Fire
4. Piece of Fire
5. Piece of Fire
6. Piece of Ice
7. Piece of Ice
8. Piece of Thunder
9. Piece of Thunder
10. Memory of Battle
11. Gust
12. Fortress of Iron
13. Wall of Current
14. Turbulence
15. Return to Nature
16. Berserk

I do not post it as a "tip" though, because my conclusion was that it sucked. I always thought Crystallization sucked, but I tried a Bundled Blaster Arsenal and enjoyed it, so I started experimenting with other "bundled"-type skills.

A crystallization Arsenal feels directly and completely inferior to a memory of battle Arsenal. The piece skills are neat, but MoB can harness just as much power out of them and more. It honestly feels like an error that MoB is in Nature, because it completely steps on Crystallization.

On a side note, I'm not that great at building arsenals, so I'm sure someone can make something nicer, I just think that same person can build a way better Arsenal than one that has Crystallization.

I kinda think most those "hold a bunch of skills in your hand" skills kinda suck. I like bundled blaster so far, and the do-or-die of dance of death I think makes it look and feel better than it is, but they generally show your plan too much and leave you open against a player who knows how they work. MoB does too, but they have to deal with a withering assault before you use it.

Crystallization crudely repurposes skills that are designed for early cheap aggression into an Arsenal that needs a lot of set-up. It takes the strengths of the skills away just to get a big projectile, which will probably be erased or reversed.

Postby baodeus » July 14th, 2017, 12:48 pm

Thanks alot guys for the ideas. I tried blaster bundle and it is much better, though defense is almost useless, kinda have to go optical, distance and avoid those erase peeps (recall is needed for those I think).

Return to Ubiquitous' Arsenal Lab