Infinite Loop Arsenals

Got an arsenal or idea that you'd like to share or discuss? Feel free to post it here.

Infinite Loop Arsenals

Postby ElD » November 13th, 2014, 2:38 pm

For those who don't know: infinite loop arsenals are designed such that you get to a base level of aura, recall/relearn to more or less fill up your deck, and then use Bravery Decision to eliminate all aura particles. Once your deck is cut down to 10-13 skills, you can in effect recall your entire deck and thereby never run out of skills. Other than the main core of the deck (Recall/Relearn/Bravery Decision), these decks can be very flexible within Psycho/Optical or even moving to three school blends. You can imagine the possibilities with infinite copies of certain skills (Dragon Slayer, e.g.)

This thread is intended to post variants on this theme. I'll start with an aggressive, offensively-minded variant.

Psycho, Optical, Nature
1x Psycho Spear
1x Excalibur
1x Glacial Wall
1x Fortress of Iron
1x Acquisition
1x Heat
2x Recall
2x Relearn
2x Bravery Decision
1x Orb
17x Aura Particle

Main idea: Psycho Spear is immensely powerful, cheap, and reasonably accurate. With +1 attack, it breaks any non-course shield. With additional homing, it becomes very difficult to dodge. The idea is to use heat once and acquisition once or twice to make Psycho Spear your bread and butter attack. Excalibur is a nice punch to go alongside it once you've broken everything except for Gust.

Postby it's revan » November 13th, 2014, 3:22 pm

they're cute arsenals but so susceptible to erase, even with orb. i've never cared for em

Postby ElD » November 13th, 2014, 9:38 pm

No disagreement: these arsenals can be torn to shreds by a well-timed Vicious Balance or Quantum Decay. Orb is a nice vouchsafe against these skills, but ultimately you're (to an extent) relying on some luck of the draw.

Gamertag: Bregan123

Postby Bregan123 » November 14th, 2014, 3:16 pm

Many are familiar with my signature troll deck. Only Rock Shot

3x Rock Shot
2x Psycho Shell
1x Eraser
2x Acquisition
2x Bravery Decision
2x Relearn
3x Recall

LOL YOU ONLY HAVE 3 ATTACKS!? You'll run out! (I never ran out of Rock Shot. Ever.)

As troll as the arsenal was, I ran a 65% win rate on it over some 200 games. It was actually not half bad. It was also hilariously fun.

People used to ragequit over sword rush and erase all the time, but when you could consistently get ragequits with just Rock Shot.. that's when you knew you'd transcended to the one true Troll.

-Edit- I was too lazy to pull the actual arsenal up, but I think that's at least 95% accurate. Was a 15/15

Gamertag: Sandal Enc
Xlink Kai: FromTheDust

Postby Collected Dust » November 15th, 2014, 4:04 am

For some reason I never really thought about Bravery Decisioning on your first hand of a match till recently. If done right/lucky enough you get down to 7 skills by your second spawn. Basically at the very beginning drop whatever skills you have unless you can get 3 aura from your hand or a particle on field.. To make up for the huge loss of aura from Bravery you throw in 4 or 5 Level Amp Boost mine skills. Good amount of aura and Bravery stuff to mess around with. Its probably got some 1 on 1 potential. But the schemes seem too hard in tag to be truly good. Thought this would also have some interesting results with Violent Change or Change the world.(Great for getting rid of aura from your deck and even bravery decision itself) Never quite makes it with those schemes. Hungry Demon could be cool to shift around. Sucks that if you want attack buffs you have to go 3 school. (Going 2 school is preferred for Excalibur use) Nature seems kind of best option for 3 schooling.

Basic Template:
4-5 Boost Mines/Level Amps(probably can try luck go throw one relearn instead)
2-3 Bravery Decision(Can sub one for Mephisto's Pact)
2 Relearn
2-3 Recall
You're left with 4-6 moves.

The math is a little screwed up somewhere I think. Still sometimes it seems crazy you can Bravery on your first hand without even picking up a single capsule.(This way you don't pre spawn aura particles) After Bravery is done you pick up 3 aura. Make sure you go that much, heh.

Postby Bregan123 » November 15th, 2014, 1:17 pm

As complicated and setup-dependent as it already is... I feel like that overdoes it a bit, but it IS a neat idea.

Part of what made mine actually effective is even if I got level screwed, all my stuff was low cost and really non-aura/bravery decision dependent. If you let it go without any level erase, I'd end up with a +9 acquisition Rock Shot and infinite Erasers.

Postby ElD » November 15th, 2014, 7:22 pm

It's probably worth having an eraser in most of these arsenals -- good call, Bregan.

Since you need to have 10 aura to use recall anyway, another erase-variant of this arsenal could be...

1x Excalibur
1x Reincarnation
1x Flash Hole
1x Angel's Wing
1x Level Boost
1x Quantum Decay
3x Recall
2x Relearn
2x Bravery Decision
1x Diabolical Trick

Once you get your loop going, you're going to have to work quickly through it for maximum effect. After a few QDs, you should be competent to start destroying people with both of your attacks or Diabolical Trick.

Postby Bregan123 » November 15th, 2014, 11:21 pm

I mean besides the core set, I think you should have at least 1 Eraser and 1 stat (Heat, Acquisition, Meditation, or Speed Up) in it. You can even take it 3 school and throw in a Lack or Dragon Slayer for added hilarity.

It ain't perfect- with the right set up it will get shut down, but, if someone uses Armaros, just burn until you reverse the stats again, no biggie. Although admittedly high negative speed can be a big problem, the other three the negatives just make you offensively useless for a bit.

Using and abusing the Bravery skills is good, but I think it's almost more important to abuse stacking useful skills like the stats or 1 use erase shields instead. Also don't underestimate the value of 1 or 2 Relearns in a deck like this. Pretty much every skill is a great idea to use Relearn for.

Once it gets rolling, with the added relearns on top of it... 1 Eraser = 15 Eraser's. Good luck getting past that many erase shields.
Last edited by Bregan123 on November 15th, 2014, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Bregan123 » November 15th, 2014, 11:24 pm

If I were to do a serious version it might look like this-

2x Rock Shot
1x Rail Gun
1x Excalibur (offline)
1x Eraser
2x Psycho Shell
2x Acquisition/Speed Up (or even 1 of each for flavor)
3x Recall
2x Bravery
1x Relearn

Postby Collected Dust » November 19th, 2014, 9:51 pm

I wonder how effective Evapoarate could be verse Bravery Decision in Recall Set ups. Probably not as good.(Just like Change The World...)

Postby iDooM » November 21st, 2014, 10:31 am

Question. Lets say I only have 3 recall in my deck. I use 1 recall and follow that up with another recall. Will I end up with my 3 recall again?

Postby Bregan123 » November 21st, 2014, 2:27 pm

The idea is that once you've gotten to ten aura, you begin to recall and use bravery decision to clear out all the aura in the deck so that you are left with 15 skills. 3 Recalls= 15 capsules recalled. Using 1 Recall will then recall other Recall's that you've used so you have created an infinite loop of 15 skills.

As the necessary Recall's, Bravery Decision's, and (in my opinion) Relearns, limit you, you are only able to have a limited amount of 'normal' skills. For instance- my Rock shot one has 3 attacks, 3 defenses, and 2 status, so it only had 8 'normal skills'.

To answer your question simply- Yes, Recall can recall other Recalls. That's basically the point, that you have an infinite looping arsenal that unless tampered with (I.E. multiple Quantum Decay's, dedicated Popping arsenals) will essentially never run out of skills.

Postby Collected Dust » November 21st, 2014, 6:45 pm

iDooM wrote:Question. Lets say I only have 3 recall in my deck. I use 1 recall and follow that up with another recall. Will I end up with my 3 recall again?

For Some reason I think you will only recall your other 2 recalls. Like Recall can't Recall itself is my suspicion. But I really don't know so you'd to test it.

Postby Bregan123 » November 21st, 2014, 7:25 pm

Yeah, not sure how you'd test that one... It would be pretty hard to know which Recall is which though. I don't think a Recall can recall itself... Unsure :confused:

Either way, the idea behind the arsenal is solid and creates a never-ending loop.

Postby Collected Dust » November 21st, 2014, 8:13 pm

Bregan123 wrote:Yeah, not sure how you'd test that one... It would be pretty hard to know which Recall is which though. I don't think a Recall can recall itself... Unsure :confused:

Either way, the idea behind the arsenal is solid and creates a never-ending loop.

A pretty certain way is have someone use a deck that deletes capsules, only prevent Recalls erasure. You'll eventually have 2 or 3 skills left. Recall won't recall deleted particles, so by the end you will be able to recall only other consumed recalls. Your arsenal won't increase in size or Recalls because it has nothing to Recall but other consumed Recalls. If you have 2 Recalls at your spawn and use Recall it will either not Return it to your deck or it will return it to your deck to respawn. My hunch is it won't Recall itself because its consumed after the fact....

Next

Return to Ubiquitous' Arsenal Lab