They never learn

Join the discussion, anything Phantom Dust related can go here.

They never learn

Postby Silent79 » May 18th, 2017, 8:22 pm

So i been trying to preach long before this game came out to play the campaign to all my other non pd friends but nope.. they hope on line and wonder why they can do anything.... well lets see u have 30 moves in ur deck no aura... i hope on a match last night, they said they played tagged with each other all night.. i pick up a partner and all 3 said, "wait u can do that" *facepalm* literally in chapter 1...

Then one guy runs a invert eviro. They all complain not knowing u can pick it up....smh sighs

Postby enderwiggin » May 18th, 2017, 8:30 pm

If you can talk to them, be the outreach they need. Most of us can't seem to find a way to reach the new guy and it's not helping the game gain ground. Hopefully, that is resolved quicker than not.

Postby sekoku » May 18th, 2017, 8:37 pm

Silent79 wrote:So i been trying to preach long before this game came out to play the campaign

IMO while the Starter Pack was a nice idea, it's been terrible for actually getting people to play the campaign. The campaign, which... is an extended tutorial and explains the game further.

People on reddit were posting about "how do I play!?" and it's like "the very first mission in the game will explain attack/defense skills, dude. Play it! The story is actually pretty good!" and they're like "nope."

*sigh* Multiplayer only people.

Gamertag: Symtex

Postby Symtex » May 19th, 2017, 12:56 am

We live in a era of fast food gaming where no one spend anytime to learn anything. I find the campaign quite enjoyable except for the Gyrn sister. They can rot in hell.

Gamertag: P0rphyria Pl4n

Postby Porphyria Plan » May 19th, 2017, 7:40 am

Symtex wrote:We live in a era of fast food gaming where no one spend anytime to learn anything. I find the campaign quite enjoyable except for the Gyrn sister. They can rot in hell.

That's the real preach lol

Gamertag: Prof Meow Meow

Postby Prof Meow Meow » May 19th, 2017, 8:03 am

The campaign is slow. as. hell. for the first two chapters. I can understand the impatience.
And aura particles aren't even introduced until chapter 3, a minimum of three hours into the story.

Yes, it'd be great if every newcomer would sit patiently through hours of tutorials, but that's not going to happen.
There's a reason why code mystics decided to open up multiplayer, there's always going to be players who are only interested in the online experience.

If anything, we should do our best to reach out to new players, new or noob, and help them out, and maybe direct them to this community.
I think, more than ever, this is our best opportunity to bring on new long-term players, so we must stay patient with the noobs and help them as best we can.

The 'rot in hell' mentality might be easy, but it sure as hell won't help Phantom Dust's player base grow.
Don't take this for opportunity for granted, who knows what's next for PD?
Last edited by Prof Meow Meow on May 19th, 2017, 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby sekoku » May 19th, 2017, 8:12 am

Prof Meow Meow wrote:There's a reason why code mystics decided to open up multiplayer,

And yet didn't make a "starter Arsenal" to where the Arsenal you get is completely blank. These folks don't go in there and expect it to "just work" (have skills in Arsenal already) and then get frustrated when the game literally will explain itself to you if you played the single-player.

So sorry, but I have a lack of empathy for the multiplayer-only folks. I would sympathize if there was a tutorial in the multiplayer mode, but there isn't. This is a 13 year old title so the "multiplayer-or-bust" folks have to get out of the mindset that they are able to "just work" in the multiplayer and do the single-player, IMO.

Postby extarbags » May 19th, 2017, 9:28 am

So sorry, but I have a lack of empathy for the multiplayer-only folks. I would sympathize if there was a tutorial in the multiplayer mode, but there isn't. This is a 13 year old title so the "multiplayer-or-bust" folks have to get out of the mindset that they are able to "just work" in the multiplayer and do the single-player, IMO.

On the other hand, anyone who is finding out about this game for the first time and is interested in it has probably heard about what a great multiplayer game it is. If that's all someone is interested in, it may just be a fact that they aren't going to play the single-player game, which is very inefficient if all you're trying to get out of it is a tutorial for the multiplayer. Would you rather those people didn't play the game at all?

Gamertag: Sandal Enc
Xlink Kai: FromTheDust

Postby Collected Dust » May 19th, 2017, 12:25 pm

There were a lot of people who beat the entire game and did not know they could ressurect their partner. It's easy to think that the one mission where you ressurect someone was just a one off event. It is too bad aura particles were not around in the first 2 chapters. If your partners ressurected YOU in sp that probably would have helped teach people. I also think it would be so much easier for people starting out if we could just talk to them. I'm feeling tempted to just pm players with those tips, but it's still not as natural as just talking.

Postby Silent79 » May 19th, 2017, 2:58 pm

Ugh its the generations of hold my hand... the same group of cod players who need baby monitors and aim assist to help...

This game story is great i love it, only ones who should hate the story are those of us who been through it multiple times.. i hear the damn foot steps in my sleep...

Also playing through it unlocks the move, granted matches with crystal and compressor are useless aa well as giant bosses.... the story explains the game well enough...

I still feel mulitplayer should have been chapter released instead of open.... 5 ppl messaged me asking why they cant do any moves and they have 30... 2 asked what are arua particles..

Postby Silent79 » May 19th, 2017, 3:00 pm

Walking passed the guys using flame sword is hilarious... and they continue to use as i stand and just walk to the left everytime. And they still keep trying

Postby Silent79 » May 19th, 2017, 3:02 pm

enderwiggin wrote:If you can talk to them, be the outreach they need. Most of us can't seem to find a way to reach the new guy and it's not helping the game gain ground. Hopefully, that is resolved quicker than not.

I am having them play online with me 3 at a time so i can show them stuff.. but my account got erased so im on chapter 5 trying to blow through it again to get moves and money... this weekend im just gonna by some stuff...

One is loving a erase deck with invert eviro.. he is actually learning

Postby Silent79 » May 19th, 2017, 3:08 pm

Symtex wrote: except for the Gyrn sister. They can rot in hell.

I love the gene sister.. glacier wall makes them my female dogs along with +6 accurate big bomb

Postby enderwiggin » May 19th, 2017, 3:48 pm

I needed my hand held through making my utterly bad decks way back when, everyone is new starting out...

Anti-gene sister skills also include Railgun/Twister their charges are bad so they are pretty open.

Gamertag: King David 73

Postby KingDavid73 » May 19th, 2017, 5:11 pm

Yeah, I've seen too many people online just running around with 0 or 1 level just doing nothing. They clearly have no clue what to do .... just play the single player a LITTLE bit...

Next

Return to Phantom Dust General Discussion