Phantom Dusted needs to be the HearthPwn for P.Dust

Join the discussion, anything Phantom Dust related can go here.
Gamertag: Konsento
Xlink Kai: Konsento

Re: Phantom Dusted needs to be the HearthPwn for P.Dust

Postby Konsento » April 3rd, 2017, 2:40 pm

hmm i actually wasn't seeing it. just had the forum tag and created date under it. might have just been on my end cuz i see it now after a computer reset.

Gamertag: Sandal Enc
Xlink Kai: FromTheDust

Postby Collected Dust » April 3rd, 2017, 5:46 pm

Don't know if this is entirely relevant, but Nathan 0 expressed an interest in seeing deck builds of the different concepts I covered in my guide. A combination of reluctance to share and not wanting to think of every arsenal has lead me to come up with posting Arsenal "Repository" threads.

The idea was I would post one of the concepts in my guide at a time and I would share an arsenal that fit the category. But the thread would also be about asking everyone else to submit their own arsenals to it in the thread. Each thread would be linked to in the strategy guide so players reading the guide can go check each thread and have an easy look at different people's arsenal takes on the concepts.

Also there could be different arsenal focuses per arsenal thread, so people could post their 1 on 1 versions, Battle Royale versions, Coordinated tag team versions, and Tag "pick up and play" versions. It should get better results than one person who focuses on tag mostly :)

Was thinking something like one concept a week, and one environmental focused concept a week.

Site Admin
Gamertag: Phreaker

Postby Phreaker » April 3rd, 2017, 7:03 pm

Konsento wrote:hmm i actually wasn't seeing it. just had the forum tag and created date under it. might have just been on my end cuz i see it now after a computer reset.

Okay, great. It could have been the update and a cached file. Glad to hear you see it.

Site Admin
Gamertag: Phreaker

Postby Phreaker » April 3rd, 2017, 8:29 pm

Konsento wrote:Quality of life, Ease of use - Deck Building
- Have the "school mask" remain while building the deck. Currently, after each skill selection, you will have to re-apply the mask.

Oh, I think it used to remember how you had the skills filtered each time you went to put a new skill in. It might be a bug with the update from a few days ago we didn't catch, thanks!

It also might help if it started on attack (instead of aura particle) the first time, that way if the user clicks the first icon they will see them disappear from the list. Maybe a tooltip that says "Hide [school name]"/"Show [school name] depending on the state of the button?

Gamertag: ILLAZILLA 918

Postby oltranzista » April 5th, 2017, 2:40 am

Konsento wrote:Redirect back to Lab after Logging in
Forum VS. Comment Section in Arsenals
Quality of life, Ease of use - Deck Building

We have some options to streamline the login user experience. I'm going to play around with it and see what I can do.

I'm currently kicking around some ideas with Phreaker for implementing the arsenal comment section. Just sent him a novel talking about various options and the technical pros and cons related to each option. :twisted:

Regarding the skill masks, I can fix that, shouldn't be too hard. I can also make the skill dialog box default the attack page or maybe the last skill type page that was used?

Let me ponder other options for a more intuitive skill mask UI. :D

Postby Konsento » April 5th, 2017, 7:37 pm

oltranzista wrote:We have some options to streamline the login user experience. I'm going to play around with it and see what I can do.

I'm currently kicking around some ideas with Phreaker for implementing the arsenal comment section. Just sent him a novel talking about various options and the technical pros and cons related to each option. :twisted:

Regarding the skill masks, I can fix that, shouldn't be too hard. I can also make the skill dialog box default the attack page or maybe the last skill type page that was used?

Let me ponder other options for a more intuitive skill mask UI. :D

Sounds amazing. uhh let me know if I can help >.>

Postby Konsento » April 13th, 2017, 1:00 am

~bump bump bump it up~

Postby oltranzista » April 13th, 2017, 3:47 am

Konsento wrote:~bump bump bump it up~

Haha, I had to re-install my PC recently to be able to play some games on Windows 10, which set me back pretty far. Took me forever to reconfigure my PC for development.

Anyway, after I got everything back up and running I just added a microscopic feature: users will now be redirected back to the arsenal lab after they login. Wooo! They will still get that temporary screen of "you have successfully logged in...blablabla". :banana:

I'll post here once I get time to roll out more updates.

Postby Konsento » April 13th, 2017, 12:47 pm

:bang:

Postby Konsento » April 13th, 2017, 12:48 pm

oltranzista wrote:Anyway, after I got everything back up and running I just added a microscopic feature: users will now be redirected back to the arsenal lab after they login. Wooo! They will still get that temporary screen of "you have successfully logged in...blablabla". :banana:

Oh yeah...thats smooth.

Postby Konsento » April 18th, 2017, 2:15 am

Uh oh, what you done did to the lab now? lol I was playing on it, (...well I'm always on it) :hop:

Postby oltranzista » April 18th, 2017, 2:21 am

Konsento wrote:Uh oh, what you done did to the lab now? lol I was playing on it, (...well I'm always on it) :hop:

Yeah, I screwed it up. Hah! I was deploying an update that worked perfectly fine on my local development environment but somehow bugs out on the server. :(

I have backups under source control but it's just too late for me to go back and figure out what the latest working back up is since I'm sloppy at keeping track of this hobby project. Anyway, I think I'm just going to spend my time tomorrow and the next day figuring out what's going wrong on the server and fixing that instead of using my little free time rolling back to the latest working version. :dag:

Postby Konsento » April 18th, 2017, 4:16 am

good luck man. that all sounds hard af. Hell, maybe when the remake hits and the community grows, people can help or throw you a bone cuz I can only assume how difficult it is to create. All i can do is throw up suggestions :banana:

Postby enderwiggin » April 18th, 2017, 8:20 am

Man, I was going to town making arsenals too.

For my poor memory's sake please try to revert to the copy yesterday. XP

Any help I can provide, just PM me too. I can't program but I'm here frequently now.

Postby oltranzista » April 18th, 2017, 9:10 am

Konsento wrote:good luck man. that all sounds hard af.

I got it fixed now, I think. Well navigating around seems to work at least :). Let me know if you see any extra bugs. There were no new features added, just some preliminary work before I added some major stuff later.

enderwiggin wrote:Man, I was going to town making arsenals too.

lol, I saw that. Everything, except for any arsenal that wasn't saved yet should be there. :D

PreviousNext

Return to Phantom Dust General Discussion