Im new to pd online

Join the discussion, anything Phantom Dust related can go here.
Gamertag: wallmasterr

Im new to pd online

Postby wallmasterr » May 19th, 2017, 9:20 am

HI , I played a pirate version of the game a few years ago because it never game out in the uk but never got it running online, now i'm wanting to get into good deck building and stuff but ther's a few things in the games iv played online that confused me.
The main one was that sometimes in 2v2 players i thought were dead come back with full health. Is this a skill?
Also is lag a big problem, as in some matches its looked like a skill has made a connection but didint do any damage?
Is it bad form to hang around your deck area? Someone called me out on being a camper, but feel sometimes you have to to get offensive skills.

Thanks Ally

Gamertag: IIExorcizm

Postby Bloodpool » May 19th, 2017, 9:59 am

You can revive dead teammates by stepping on their dead body and picking them up the same as picking up a new skill. They should come back with half health the first time, then even less each time after that. Lag has been a slight issue for me on PC, but if the skill did zero damage, it likely wasn't due to lag. Some skills are dependent on the situation. An example is Heat from Void. This only damages a player that has empty skill slots in their hand. If they have all four slots filled, then you can't hurt them with it. Don't worry about being a camper. A lot of players only come out of their spawn when they feel that they have an advantage, or feel ready to fight period. You're not ready, staying close to the only place you get new skills isn't a bad idea. Were you possibly camping their spawn with a flame sword? Lol That won't win you friend points with anyone.
And welcome to PD :bang:

Gamertag: Prof Meow Meow

Postby Prof Meow Meow » May 19th, 2017, 10:08 am

Bloodpool wrote:Were you possibly camping their spawn with a flame sword? Lol That won't win you friend points with anyone.

Heheh, what's wrong with camping their spawn?
Will I really be hated? I feel like it's legitimate strategy.
Probably doesn't help that I play Gyne too.

Gamertag: IIExorcizm

Postby Bloodpool » May 19th, 2017, 10:12 am

Prof Meow Meow wrote:Heheh, what's wrong with camping their spawn?
Will I really be hated? I feel like it's legitimate strategy.
Probably doesn't help that I play Gyne too.

It's part of game, so it is a good strategy. Getting stuck running circles around someone waiting for that erase shield to spawn can suck though lol.

Postby Boomy2005 » May 19th, 2017, 10:24 am

Never fear for I have returned from the shadows to answer your question. In the 2 v 2 tag team match the other player simply went to his tag teams body on the ground and picked him up as a skill. Once picked up the player recovers some health but its not full, that player probably used a healing skill when their partner revived them.

Gamertag: wallmasterr

Postby wallmasterr » May 19th, 2017, 10:25 am

Ah, the revive thing makes since now. I do remember that mission form the campaign, thought it was weird. bu that makes 2v2 more interesting now.
Kl mabie i was using some werid skill and didnint read right.
Lol seems people differ on camping rules :P
thanks

Gamertag: Prof Meow Meow

Postby Prof Meow Meow » May 19th, 2017, 10:30 am

wallmasterr wrote:Ah, the revive thing makes since now. I do remember that mission form the campaign, thought it was weird. bu that makes 2v2 more interesting now.
Kl mabie i was using some werid skill and didnint read right.
Lol seems people differ on camping rules :P
thanks

Just in case you didn't know, you can use the d-pad to check descriptions of held skills.

Gamertag: Sandal Enc
Xlink Kai: FromTheDust

Postby Collected Dust » May 19th, 2017, 12:12 pm

Camping is legit. People have all sorts of code of conduct in this game. But if you enjoy camping go for it. :twisted:

Play with other people instead if their annoyed enough to pm you. Lol

Lag is definitely a factor online, its most dramatically seen with close range moves. You'll probably be surprised that there are a lot of ways people can legitimately dodge attacks in the game as well. The height you use an attacks act can affect whether it hits people at times as well. A lot of medium ranged moves are more accurate at a far medium range. If you want the nitty gritty of all that you can check out my guide on it. Sections 1PD and 2PD cover specifics on character dodging ability and how the different move types can be dodged:
https://dustguide.neocities.org/#TCON

Postby Silent79 » May 19th, 2017, 3:06 pm

Thats why they created a skill called call

Return to Phantom Dust General Discussion