A Few Questions / Mic Chat / Playing On PC

Join the discussion, anything Phantom Dust related can go here.

A Few Questions / Mic Chat / Playing On PC

Postby Boomy2005 » May 19th, 2017, 10:53 am

So this time around im playing on PC, I do have an xbox one but I left the gold subscription expire and frankly im bored of titanfall 2 gear of war 4 and halo 5 on xbox one. now heres the thing while it is free to play i'm assuming its not free to play online on xbox one is that right? I used the same gamertag on pc and it worked fine without asking me to update my subscription.

Now my question is I can't hear anybody in the game lobby in the mic like I used to back on the original xbox, no ones saying anything what gives? For those on xbox one is this the same thing that you've been noticing? Or do mics work in the game lobby before the match starts on xbox one? I need some answers here.

Gamertag: Prof Meow Meow

Postby Prof Meow Meow » May 19th, 2017, 10:58 am

You can play on Xbox without gold.
It is possible to use mic on PC but I'm not sure how.

Edit:
oltranzista wrote:I'm on PC, the only way to chat that I'm aware of is creating a party. It's hard to friggen do when the person is not already in your friend's list but here's how I do it:

1. While in lobby, press X (Options)
2. Select Gamertag from the dialog
3. Select the gamertag you want to add to your party
4. Select View profile in Xbox app
5. Select the "More" button in the xbox app
6. Select "Invite"
7. Celebrate if they join and have a mic

Gamertag: IIExorcizm

Postby Bloodpool » May 19th, 2017, 11:02 am

It says to use the xbox app party chat to talk to other players. It says that at the bottom of the screen in the lobby. I'm sure this is how they got mind reading to work. But I have not heard of anyone confirming it.

Site Admin
Gamertag: Phreaker

Postby Phreaker » May 19th, 2017, 11:29 am

Bloodpool wrote:It says to use the xbox app party chat to talk to other players. It says that at the bottom of the screen in the lobby. I'm sure this is how they got mind reading to work. But I have not heard of anyone confirming it.

But that means you have to invite people to a party, right? It's really a shame "game chat" does not seem to be working like it did in the old game where you could all talk while in the lobby without being in a party.

Postby monkey20051 » May 19th, 2017, 11:30 am

Phreaker wrote:But that means you have to invite people to a party, right? It's really a shame "game chat" does not seem to be working like it did in the old game where you could all talk while in the lobby without being in a party.

The solution will probably be everyone joins one party, but you just mute the other team when in game.

Postby Boomy2005 » May 19th, 2017, 11:54 am

Prof Meow Meow wrote:You can play on Xbox without gold.
It is possible to use mic on PC but I'm not sure how.

Edit:

Thanks for the reply, This is a lot of steps. This is definitely a lot easier on the xbox one platform.

Gamertag: Bregan123

Postby Bregan123 » May 19th, 2017, 12:41 pm

In the beta they had a lot of voice chat issues. Some teams could hear the enemy team while they couldn't vice versa in tag, then people would have similar issues where you could here 2 of 3 players in BR etc.

I think they are still trying to iron it out and this is the current way they decided to go since they didn't want to delay the release.

Postby DreamsInDigital » May 19th, 2017, 1:56 pm

Boomy2005 wrote:
Thanks for the reply, This is a lot of steps. This is definitely a lot easier on the xbox one platform.

I went from xbox one the first day to PC now. It depends on what setup you're going for, but for me I just took my xbox one controller with the microphone plugged in (just like I would play on xbox one) and plugged it into a USB on PC and it worked without any additional steps. It was basically like plugging it into an Xbox. I just had to download the game and the xbox app for PC (both easy installs).

Now if you want a different controller/mic set up on PC, what I did isn't going to work, ofc.

Return to Phantom Dust General Discussion