Dat Angel's Wing

Join the discussion, anything Phantom Dust related can go here.
Gamertag: Sandal Enc
Xlink Kai: FromTheDust

Dat Angel's Wing

Postby Collected Dust » October 22nd, 2017, 2:17 am

I think some of us have had less than happy results with Angel's Wing. I wonder could there be something to different characters and how they block? Freia and Tsubutaki have noticeably different animations from the others. Could they have an advantage in coverage or even a weakness? Anyone notice a character people are using that actually succeeds with it more often?

Other thought is the block starts from one side to the other. Could it a have a more vulnerable side? If you put yourself against a wall on your side while blocking, could it be more likely to succeed.(not sure if the left or right side would be better to have a wall with.

Or are we just doomed to cursing some of these damn shields?

Postby WILD WEASEL » October 22nd, 2017, 8:38 am

I really do like the skill overall however I have to agree with you, it is a very inconsistent defense.
What I have discovered to be the most successful way to use it is to anticipate an attack and be on the trigger for it to deploy.
I feel like precision is already important in this game but is crucial for Angel's Wing.

Postby ElD » October 22nd, 2017, 6:06 pm

If I have the option, I've started using Wall of Current or Iron Skin everywhere I would use Angel's Wing (I would run FoI with Angel's Wing, so it's not a true replacement). For Psycho/Optical, I'd almost think to use Power Shell/Laser Shell instead or even buy into a stronger shield with Psycho Shell.

Gamertag: ojikuma

Postby ojikuma » October 30th, 2017, 1:17 am

Collected Dust wrote:Other thought is the block starts from one side to the other. Could it a have a more vulnerable side? If you put yourself against a wall on your side while blocking, could it be more likely to succeed.(not sure if the left or right side would be better to have a wall with...

I definitely think about this and preemptively rotate my character before an opponent attack... if I remember.

Return to Phantom Dust General Discussion